Saturday, December 10, 2011

Autumn flowers

Flowers and buds are for spring right? Then why do flowers keep blooming lately?

The magnolia buds were full on November 28.



It was also on November 28 that I noticed flowers on a tree, but when I tried to take a photo, the flowers seemed too high up to capture. On November 30, I was able to capture a photo from that tree.

In addition to the flowers that are the focus of this photo, you can kind of see that there are flowers in the upper left.  This tree is located on 14th Street, near Hutton Street.  I think it might be a cherry tree, based on the bark and the flowers.

On December 4, I saw these flowers near the JEC circle.  I don't know what kind they are.

Today, when I went outside, I saw that the forsythia bush by my apartment was blooming.


In this photo, you can also see what the forsythia buds look like.